Every style of telecom pipe plug you could want.
Your telecom project needs the best possible materials, and a major component of any proper conduit design is conduit plugs. A pipe plug is essential to keeping water, sediment, and even animals out of your telecom conduit, while still providing easy access to the telecom wiring and components inside. The right conduit plug provides a watertight seal that only moves when you need to remove it for service.
Cable protection is important, and underground telecom conduit allows you not only to keep these important cables free from dirt, animal intrusion, and moisture, but they allow you to route the cables underground properly or in the structure of a building.
Simplex plugs allow an effective and total conduit sealant for conduit that includes fiber optic and coaxial cables. This is usually intended for small diameter conduit containing a single strand.
These plugs are designed to seal segments of conduit and have many cost-saving and quality-of-life features.
- Simplex plugs do not bond to the inner pipe walls, which means they are removable and reusable.
- Provide a proper, air tight seal around cable in conduits and subducts to prevent water seepage, animal intrusion, or sedimentation around the cables.
- Ensures a clear raceway around cables, facilitating the redistribution of cable slack.
Pittsburgh Pipe specializes in every form of telecom piping. When you need an effective, long-lasting solution, we have the answer.
While simple in design, tapered duct plugs are intended to be a temporary sealant for standard duct, bell-ends, and terminators. This kind of plug is important to protect the cabling and equipment inside the conduit from weather, animals, and jobsite debris until a permanent seal can be installed. Failure to protect the exposed ends of conduit while construction and maintenance are being performed is crucial to keeping project costs down and preventing issues that can cost the project in the future.
These plugs are designed for easy insertion, while a concentric set of scalloped ridges on the outside wall keep a tight seal and prevent accidental dislodging of the plug during construction.
These plugs are designed to be an essential temporary seal for any telecom conduit and have many quality features:
- Made from the highest grades of LDPE resin that’s durable and chemically inert
- Resistant to ultraviolet light
- Can withstand fluctuations in temperature and maintains shape in extreme environments
- Available in a number of sizes and qualities
- Extended base lip for easy removal
Tri and Quad Plugs
Tri and quad plugs are designed for use in round conduit openings while allowing access for three or four separate cables. These plugs seal the opening and protect the inner chambers of the conduit from moisture and vapor intrusion.
Our tri and quad plugs are designed to provide unique and highly specialized functions, while remaining durable and reliable under different conditions.
- Split design that allows for easy retrofitting without disassembly
- Modular construction allows you to anchor and organize subducts and multiple duct systems
- Eliminates duct-edge abrasion to cables
- A durable, expandable gasket allows cables or subducts to expand and contract without any loss of seal or leakage
- Excellent solution for supporting cables at the tops of risers
Properly installed conduit keeps telecom equipment contained inside and protected from weather and damage. A mechanical duct plug seals the end of the conduit but allows for easy access. These plugs reduce the cost of cable placement and maintenance for any new underground telecom project or routine maintenance work. A mechanical system coupled with rubber gaskets prevent water leakage, animal intrusion, or any gas or vapor from affecting the components inside.
Mechanical duct plugs are made from durable, cost-effective materials and are designed to function reliably and last for years.
- High-impact plastic construction
- Durable elastic gaskets
- Suitable as a temporary or permanent seal
- Corrosion-proof design
- Water and gas tight
- Removable and reusable
- Equipped with a rope tie device to secure a pull rope to the plug’s back compression plate
More Than Rigid Conduit Plugs
Pittsburgh Pipe offers any type of plug to help make your job as easy as possible.