Where can you go to find a split steel case pipe manufacturer? Pittsburgh Pipe has manufactured split steel casing pipe, also known as split steel conduit, for over 20 years. We have been a major supplier of telecom and power products to underground utility contractors all across North America. We use our expertise to serve the underground gas and water & sewer markets, as well as the telecommunications sector. Let’s look at the different types of split casing pipes we provide and their applications.
How We Make Our Split Casing Types
Let’s go over how we make split casings to understand how they work. Pittsburgh Pipe manufactures three main types of split casings:
- Split and Tabbed Casing: We begin with a 10’ section of black or galvanized steel that has already been threaded, and we split the entire pipe longitudinally along with the coupling. Then, we weld our pre-punched tabs to both sides of the pipe and the coupling. All of the hardware for simple field installation is included. The sizes available are a 2” through 10 ¾” outside diameter and 0.156” to 0.375” wall thickness, with special lengths available on request.
- Zipper Cut Casing: We take standard sections of steel pipe and arc-gouge them longitudinally on both sides to maintain the pipe’s circularity. We leave a small section attached on both ends that can be cut in the field at the time of installation to work for you. It comes in outside diameters of 12 ¾” through 72” and a full range of wall thicknesses.
- Split and Flanged Casing: This style is offered specifically for projects where field welding is not an option. The pipe is split longitudinally with split flanges attached to both ends and pre-drilled flat bars attached on each horizontal side. All of the standard hardware for assembly is included. We offer these split casings in 12 ¾” through 72” outside diameters, with a full range of wall thicknesses, and special coatings and linings available.
Whether you need split casings for existing pipe or new pipe, Pittsburgh Pipe creates split casings designed specifically for your project.
Reach out to us today to learn more about our split casing designs and services.
What Are Our Split Casing Applications?
Our split casings have three main applications:
- Emergency Repairs: Our split casings are installed around existing utility lines without disrupting service in order to protect the utility lines during emergency repairs.
- Relocation: Our split casings are installed around existing utility lines without disrupting service in order to protect the utility lines during utility relocation projects.
- Expansion: Our split casings are installed around exposed utility lines without disrupting service in order to offer mechanical protection.
We use split casings predominantly in these three applications, but we can use them in other applications when necessary.
Why Choose Pittsburgh Pipe?
Pittsburgh Pipe manufactures a range of pipe-related products, from steel casings to piling products and specialty market items. No matter what type of pipe you need, we can fabricate it for you. When we manufacture pipe for your project, we inspect and measure it 28 times to ensure it’s a high-quality product. Additionally, we’re located right in the middle of the U.S., so we can send our products to you so they arrive right on time. We use our location to our advantage to deliver our products as widely as possible. We strive to create the best quality products and provide top-notch customer service so your project moves smoothly and efficiently toward completion.
Reach Out to Pittsburgh Pipe for Your Split Casing Pipe
Consider Pittsburgh Pipe for your next underground gas, water & sewer, or telecom project that requires split steel casing pipe. We supply the right pipe, right on time. Let Pittsburgh Pipe provide the pipe for your next project. We customize our pipe to fit your needs and make sure it’s a top-quality product that suits your project.
Contact Us at 2331 Hampton Ave., St. Louis, MO 63129 or click to call us!
About Pittsburgh Pipe
At Pittsburgh Pipe, we offer many different products and services. We strive to be the best at what we do and to provide the best products. We put a lot of time and effort into making sure our steel pipe is the best in the industry.