Pittsburgh Pipe is proud to be a U.S. distributor of the DFP Foundation Products Tapertube™, the ideal pile for land or marine projects. They are the only tapered piles available with heavier wall thicknesses ranging up to 0.500” produced from 50 K.S.I. steel.
This extra thickness and higher grade steel often eliminate the need for extra coating and internal reinforcement. Larger hammers may be used with these piles to provide higher capacities, greater effectiveness, increased productivity, and lower costs.
Tapertube™ size and geometry can be configured to most effectively meet capacity requirements and soil conditions. The advantages of using Tapertube™ piles include:
- Made From 50 KSI Steel, With Higher Grades Available Upon Request
- High Capacities for Shorter Driven Lengths
- Installation Using Conventional Equipment and Methods
- Reduced Concrete Volume Requirements
- Factory Attached Cast Steel Points
- Diameters Made to Match Standard and Non-Standard Pipe Pile Sizes
- Ability To Be Directly Driven, With No Mandrel or Butt Reinforcement Required
- Full Butt-Welded Splices for Direct Bearing of Pipe Extension on Tapertube™
- Drive-Fit DFT S-1800 Sleeves That Can Be Used Instead of Welding to Extended Piles
- Heavier Thickness, Which Provides Greater Drivability And Eliminates Need for Coating and Reinforcement
Pittsburgh Pipe’s certified welders can splice your Tapertube™ to your extended piles in our state-of-the-art facility and deliver them to your jobsite, saving you time and welding costs.